May 4, 2009

how i escaped a fight

... with B, who else?

had been to the exchange to send some money, somewhat a fixed routine at the end of the month. and most of the times, B is there with me...

this time around, since he did not need to send, i went alone... and B was not aware. i walk in to the scheduled counter and it was empty... "I save 15 minutes from my set time," i thought to myself and as i was taking the last transaction paper, for the man at the counter, to get my account details, he said, "Yes, Mrs A...".

i was surprised, nay stunned. how the hell did the non-descript man, doing a boring job, remember my name, amongst the all such people who come here much more regularly?

he looks too routine to muster up the courage to flirt... and certainly not with me... i went on with the transaction, with a look of not having noticed that he mentioned my name, a matter-of-fact expression...

but for once I was happy that B had not accompanied me, though i sometimes do mention that there have been times when i have handled things alone and routinely do... for once, i thanked his almost-12-hour job, five days a week...

had he been there, i know his instant reaction would be a hardening of the jaws, followed by the cool jibes later...

2 comments:

sindhu said...

Oh, how true...but who is this new guy!huh!(with a wicked grin...)

imemyself said...

some non-descript guy manning the counter at the exchange house... he hasn't caught my fancy, don't worry...