Jun 6, 2009

Mom-to-Mom tag

Umm tagged me and here's my take on mommy-ing and why it is sooooo difficult.

1. The challenges change every day. One day's peace does not guarantee the next day's; one day's challenge met, does not make the next day's easier.

2. There are no recipe's for easy success.

3. Forgiving is no effort, but it gets a little difficult when one has to continuously go on doing it.

4. When outsiders praise the child for her discipline, for her controlled reactions, for the way she carries herself, my constant reaction is, "If you can the same things about her 10 years on, I'll know that it is a job well done." But inside, deep inside the chest swells. Ms Pride at work! but is thumped instantly.

5. Parenting has a nice, little prefix: TACT, all caps, bold, in shining colour and the tact is seen through very easily by the child, so one goes on racking the brain constantly.

I could go on, but since 5 is the number, I stop.

BTW, just read this lady's blog in case you guys feel like...

3 comments:

sindhu said...

Hmm, there are the good things too coming up in the difficult parenting part...so like us, it is the goods and bads together...and I will have a go at the good ones, makes me happier writing about that...

Anonymous said...

actually the tag is 5 things you love about being mommy... i just decided to do the opp. so go ahead and do that too :)
and forgiving was one of the tops on my list of why it's diff to be a mother...

imemyself said...

@Umm, ok, will do that too.
@S, that's you...