Mar 2, 2009

synthetic patroitism?

we meet him outside the Chettinad joint on a windy Thursday evening. he is a friend's friend. we get talking and all he can think of is the food waiting inside the restaurant. R and i were ready to jump into the car because of the wind... but could not...
loud mouth, tall talker and an utter bore are my opinions of the baldy...
suddenly he switches gear and pops the question at B, "how long have you been in the ME," and without waiting for an answer says of himself, "I am in the region for 32 years but have never thought about migration to the West, like many Indians do. I love my India," with a big boastful smile.
pat came the reply from B, "that is the reason why India lags behind, every patriot is outside the country." he managed that without a twitch... and i felt like running away from there...
our man suddenly felt the chill and went in with a faint grin...

1 comment:

sindhu said...

Here I should say, Good one, B!Right?