Oct 26, 2008

first time this happened

there is a first time for everything... so this too had to happen... highly highly unlikely... but it has... an assignment was marked to me by way of a mail, usual way of going about work... what i do is to make a mental note and carry on.
this too, i clearly remember seeing... but do not recollect having made the mental not...
so what should not have happened has... i am busy chasing proofs since one magazine needs to be finalised... and i hear my superior on a line, "yes, someone is coming for Rolls Royce," as soon as i hear this, i know it is me... and i am still in the office, fifteen minutes behind the schedule time of presence and this is the same me who am on time for every single meeting, every single conference...

i have completely forgotten about it... so in flat 20 minutes, i land up after the event is over... tender my apologies and come away with the information pack...

as i walk out, i am not only surprised, but worried... in fact, even my superior is surprised that i have missed a meeting... this is not normal...
and let me tell you, these days, i am having a problem with some names, some words, though my date memory is still intact (in fact, it would be better if i could forget some birthdays, some anniversaries, some engagements)...

so is this a warning telling me to cast off my confidence and start making physical notes? i do not have an answer...

No comments: