Oct 1, 2008

am i getting anomie?

possibly, yes...
i love to be alone and i do not feel lonely... i love my own company and do not miss anyone else's... for me, life today is all that i do with myself... what i read, where can the next book come from, what i write, how well i do that (since that pays for my little indulgences in life), how i dress, how well i have slept yesterday night, rushing off for the after-dinner walks, what will i blog on next, where will the next vacation be (incidentally, India is no more a vacation i look forward to... it is more of social nicety which makes me tired beyond one week, no matter the great food, the familiar smells, the familiar sights, the famliar people)...
so i am happy alone, happy...i really do not have too many friends and do not miss having loads of them; am in touch with very few people from my past, carefully chosen and that is the way i would like it, brushing aside all attempts at being pried upon...
even the Eid break that we are having now, is getting me tired... since i am not getting enough me-time... so every now and then, i keep running to my books, without being able to concentrate fully... and that is making me irritated, impatient (what is new???), angry (is this new???)... i want to get back to my normal routine where the day moves in clock-work precision and i have my own things to do, in my own time and pace...
so next time there is a holiday, i will need to plan it differently... take a vacation, may be...

No comments: