Oct 2, 2008

my bankers and me

this is a joke at work that i have a thingi (read soft spot) for bankers... my explanation is that, since i have for a long stretch worked for financial institutions, i possibly understand them better... but that has not stopped the joke from rolling on, so much so that after a heavenly time at a spa when i messaged my superior that i was on seventh heaven and cloud nine, she messaged back, "which banker are you with?"... this was fine... honestly, there was no grouse...

switch scene home... B receives a mail from our banker in India, addressed to Mrs B, that they are in the process of shifting the bank branch and we are requested to empty the locker since the bank will not be responsible for any loss or damage that occurs... while B sends a strong reply, cc-ing me in, threatening to complain to the banking Ombudsman since the bank, by its locker facility, is doing a custodial service and cannot absolve itself of responsibility, the banker calls me to say that what we meant by the mail was that if there are breakable items, the locker-holders need to empty the lockers and that security was his responsibility... he assures me, and i hang the phone on a high...

when i say this to the banker at home, B retorts, "he called you? Oh my God, flirting at this distance? i will still want a written reply and a call to my wife will not suffice"... he is not joking, but serious...

i am sandwiched... between two bankers, none of whom i can ignore... B for obvious reasons and that guy who has my locker, some investments... what am i to do??????

1 comment:

Unknown said...

strange predicament this.... but I am in sauce with the expression 'banker at home'! dont really know what to make of that.