Sep 24, 2008

each person, new

nothing can be truer than this... there are stereotypes in the broad contours, but when it comes to dissecting a person and taking all the nuances, each person is as different from the rest, as apple from orange... some traits might match, some quality may find resonance, some talk may be similar... but overall, we are made different...
at work (and over all these years), i keep meeting various shades of people, both within and outside the office... forget the physical aspects of tall/short, fat/slim, dark/fair, attractive/unattractive... now these have seemed to matter less and less... and believe me, each is unique when it comes to personality types... some very hardened, some very soft; some searching, some trusting; some smart, some simple; some tough, some innocent; some loving to make personal comments, some maintaining that line between private and public; some getting familiar in no time, some waiting for the ice to melt; some overt, some covert; some loud, some sophisticated; and many a combination of all these and more... the list is endless...
in fact, i love observing each person and ruminating over them when i am alone... these lead me to laugh at times, feel sad, make me angry, or thoughtful... but never hateful... i have learnt now to savour the taste of accepting people as they are since it helps me deal with them better, next time on... if need be, i put the guard high, or pull it off totally or place it somewhere in between... but each interaction helps me draw a picture of that person in the mirror of my mind...
some though have not ceased to surprise me, with their ability of being the bottomless pit for taking in insults... F, the nice secy of the horrid boss, aeons back, who got all the shit, but still defended the boss, "she is like that only... and now much better," or N, who takes in pressure from all quarters, yet smiles endlessly...
possibly, it is because they are more patient, more tolerant... but aginst wrong? my silent question is: why?... i have got no answers...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A good one, I know I am there somewhere as the weaker one...but I prefer to be that...no whys, but just beacause I love to see people smiling