Jul 10, 2008

mommy on the remote

that's me... like many others may be, but my preteen has almcst grown up, with me guiding her (now that she can manage herself) or the nanny (when she was younger) forever on the phone.
may sound trendy, it is not let me assure you... for it is she who is always primary in my mind and no matter which time zone i am in, i always live (in the realm of the mind) in the time zone of my preteen... waking her for school, reminding her to pack in her keys so that she can enter home alright, planning out her meals at a distance, checking when she gets back from school, reminding her to have her meal... an entire day, on the phone...
Thank God for inventing the mobile...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

as we men keep movin in & out of our homes for work, adda or on some silly pretext for just that occasional fag might be, we realize every moment how tough a woman's world can be ghare o baire. Not for nothing did Shaw call the fairer sex the fount for his 'life force'.